Kerry and Rinat dig into some of the development tools and practices used at Lokad. They specifically discuss Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) with a focus on Git's familiar design and our usage of it.
- Create a free GitHub account if you don't have one
- Fork the official Being The Worst sample repository or Lokad.CQRS
- Add or clarify some comments to anything that may need clarification in the code/comments of the repository
- Commit your changes to your own local repo and then submit a pull request to us on GitHub to update the master repository with your changes
- Bonus: Port BTW samples to your own programming language and ask us to add your repo to our GitHub account to share with the rest of our community
- GitHub for Windows or Mac GUI Client
- Git site with x-plat installers
- Analyzing Git history blog post by Yves Reynhout and his C# code to do it
- Graph Theory at Think Like (a) Git
- Codebase code hosting services
- Feedback and Finding Us
What do you think?